"Whether in classical or romantic pieces, or in compositions of Baroque times, the performance
of Ms. Małgorzata Zalewska is perfect, and proves the proficiency of her style, as well as her grand musicality"
- Stefan Sutkowski director of Warsaw Chamber Opera
foto: A. Strunin
One of only a rare few concert Harpists in the world who is not only a gifted artist on the Modern, but as well on the Celtic, Electric and Baroque Harps. Her solo debut at the National Philharmonic in Warsaw took place in 1990.
As a soloist, she has performed with such noted artists as Francisco Araisa, Brigitte Balleys, Massimiliano Cialdi, Łukasz Długosz Claudio Ferrarini, Jose Maria Florencio, Chikara Imamura, Agnieszka Duczmal, Adrew M.Kurtz, Atsushi Nukii, Jerzy Maksymiuk, Daniel Stabrawa, Tomasz Strahl, Małgorzata Walewska, Tadeusz Wojciechowski,
She has given a multitude of solo recitals and played with orchestras worldwide.
Malgorzata Zalewska commenced a permanent affiliation with the Warsaw Chamber Opera in 1994. She has made about50 various recordings for Decca, Dux, EMI, Hungarton, Pro Musica, Philips, Sony and the Polish Radio and Television. At the request of the CAMAC harp producer Joel Garnier, Zalewska took part in the promotional campaign for the Atlantide Harp, which resulted in her picture on the cover of prestigious magazines HARPA and HARP INTERNATIONAL.
In 2005, the artist's solo album Harp Solo (DUX) was released, co-financed entirely by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. 2007 saw the premiere of the concert suite Master&Margarita for harp and symphony orchestra by Gary Guthman and the release of the CD album of the same title (DUX), which reviewers highly rated.
In February 2018, the premiere of a concerto for harp and orchestra entitled Concerto Romantico took place, and in 2021 the premiere of The Traveler suite, works composed especially for it by Gary Guthman, took place.
She was the initiator, soloist, and producer of the "Classics Meets Jazz" project (2020), which he watched online with over 2,000 viewers at the same time as part of the "Culture online" program.
The album, containing a chamber suite for soprano, flute, cello, and harp, was released by Orphee Classics on a disc entitled "Gary Guthman - The Traveler and Tadeusz Paciorkiewicz - Triptych and Improvisation" while Concerto Romantico was featured on an album entitled "Harp and Trumpet Concertos" released by DUX (2023).
For the last 22 years, the harpist has represented Poland in Poland and abroad on frequent orders from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chancellery of the President and Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland and is a scholarship holder of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage.
She is the ambassador of CAMAC harps.
"Pieces relating to the paintings of Monet trigger your imagination, whilst the harpist
completes the colours of that music with exclellency"
- AO - Gazeta Wyborcza
"Her quality of performance is excellent"
- Kate Donnelan - What's On
"Małlgorzata Zalewska plays the harp with genuine virtuosity"
- Szymon Uszwica - Trybuna Opolska
"Jerzy Waldorff has singled out her performance as the finest of the Radziejowice Festival".
- Teresa Będkowska - Przekrój
"The harpists interpretation was full of grace, buoyant finesse and twinkling colours"
- Magdalena Cynk - Nowości
• President of Albania - Bamir Topi
• President of Austria - Heinz Fischer
• President of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Nebojsza Radmanović
• President of Bulgaria - Georgi Parvanov
• President of Croatia - Ivo Josipovic
• President of Czech Republic - Vaclav Klaus
• President of Estonia - Toomas Hendrik Ilves
• President of France - Jaques Chirac
• President of Germany - Christian Wulff
• President of Hungary - Pal Schmitt
• President of Italy - Giorgio Napolitano
• President of Kosovo - Atifete Jahjaga
• President of Lithuania - Dalia Grybauskaite
• President of Latvia - Valdis Zatlers
• President of Macedonia - Gjorge Ivanov
• Acting President of Moldovia - Marian Lupu
• President of Montenegro - Filip Vujanovic
• President of Poland - Bronisław Komorowski
• President of Poland - Aleksander Kwaśniewski
• President of Poland - Lech Walesa
• President of Slovakia - Ivan Gaszparovicz
• President of Slovenia - Danilo Tuerk
• President of Ukraine - Viktor Yanukovych
• President of United Arab Emirates -
Prince Sultan bin Zayed Al Nahyan
• President of United States of America - Barack Obama
• Prime Minister of Poland – Jerzy Buzek
• Prime Minister of Poland – Józef Oleksy
• Prime Minister of Poland – Waldemar Pawlak
• Prime Minister of United Kingdom- John Major
• Historian and writer - Norman Davies
• Philosopher and writer - Maria Janion
• Secretary General of NATO - Javier Solana
• Chairman of Soros Fund Management - George Soros
• Seikh Ahmad al-Sabah of Kuwait
• Sarah - Duchess of York
• Charles III - King of the United Kingdom
PROJECTS / ALBUMS